Job Search Results
SEO/PPC Digital Marketing Specialist< Back
- 30,000 GBP
- Stonebridge Associated Colleges
- Date Posted:
- Jun 20, 2014 Apply Now
Stonebridge is a leading provider of distance education courses. Based at our headquarters in Cornwall, we deliver over 700 courses to over 40,000 students around the world.
A new role has been created for a SEO/PPC Digital Marketing Specialist to help us manage existing demands and continue to raise our profile digitally, driving web and phone based enquiries through our expanding presence in the distance education field.
Experience and Qualifications
Your role will involve working closely with the Director, marketing team, developers and designers, and other staff.
We are looking for a skilled Paid Search and SEO professional with demonstrable, results-driven experience in online campaigns and traffic acquisition.
You will be tasked with creating, managing and optimising PPC campaigns and focusing on building market share and driving sales enquiries/conversions through insightful search, keyword and content initiatives and tasks.
Reporting to the MD and working very closely with the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for the market research, implementation and optimisation of key word campaigns across the Stonebridge Associated Colleges online profile, including the Stonebridge website, ElearnUK, and other websites. You will maintain and communicate weekly reports on performance, including KPI's, actions and priorities. You will track performance of PPC activity and take ownership to identify anomalies, highlighting issues or making recommendations of improvement where appropriate.
We’re not looking for inappropriate back links or “quick fix” poor quality SEO. We want someone who will understand our brand and be able to work with us to develop and deliver a focused and long term SEO/PPC strategy that matches our goals and helps to promote us in an authentic way that appeals to our customers and prospects.
Ideally, you will have a background of digital marketing accompanied by the relevant technical skills and experience, as well as a continued desire to learn new techniques and source and share new knowledge that can help us to consistently improve and stay ahead of our competitors.
This role could work for someone from an agency looking to move client side and specialise in the education/distance learning industry, someone who is client side, looking for a new challenge within a growing company, or potentially a freelancer who is looking for a long term project and stable position that would take priority among other smaller projects.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience implementing successful digital marketing campaigns including PPC within Google Adwords and associated budget management
- Strong aptitude for competitor analysis and keyword research
- Proven ability to connect and build rapport with online influencers
- A creative approach to generating new links and online PR for a diverse client base
- Ability to produce great and unique copy
- Experience and ability to enhance the cost/conversion rate of each campaign
- Monitor market changes and translate those into actionable recommendations
- Explore other pay per click possibilities relevant to specific markets
- Experience using Google Analytics & ability to analyse monthly data to find trends and make recommendations
- A good understanding of Social Media Marketing and advertising through these channels would also be advantageous.
- Ability to write reports
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
You will have great people skills enabling you to have fun within our small team, as well as being able to effectively manage relationships, understand and interpret needs and requirements, and provide updates on project progress.
You will need to be organised and efficient, able to plan and prioritise tasks with ease, and able to remain flexible.
We like to stay ahead of the game, and to do that we need people who are committed to staying up to date with the latest technologies. You will be committed to your own training and development and we will also offer extensive support in this area.
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Able to get along with different personalities
- Dynamic and able to “think on your feet”
- Able to see the bigger picture without missing the detail
- Calm and patient under pressure, while still being assertive and proactive and able to deliver
- Anticipates and manages risk
- Ambitious and motivated
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Sense of humour
This is a permanent, full-time role (37.5 hrs/wk), located in our new offices on Hagley Road in Birmingham. Salary range is £25-30K, negotiable DOE. You will receive 20 days annual leave + public holidays. Subsidised accommodation can also be provided.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V. and a covering letter stating why you think you would be a good fit for this role. Please include examples of (plus online references if possible) to your recent SEO/PPC work and successes. No phone calls accepted. No agencies, please.
Deadline for response: 15th July although early applications appreciated.
Candidates MUST be legally able to live and work in the UK.