Job Search Results
PHP Developer< Back
- 30,000 GBP
- Stonebridge Associated Colleges
- Date Posted:
- Jun 16, 2014 Apply Now
Stonebridge is a leading provider of distance education courses. Based at our headquarters in Cornwall, we deliver over 700 courses to over 40,000 students around the world.
A new role has been created for a PHP developer to help us manage existing demands and to move our business forward with exciting, new projects.
Your role will involve assisting the Senior Web Developer in both the development and maintenance of a variety of content managed websites, bespoke applications, and integrations. This involves working closely with the Director, marketing team, other developers/designers, and other staff to turn their ideas and static designs into working web pages. At times you will also be working closely with an external SEO and PPC team, assisting with site changes and technical issues as required.
- Develop both internal systems and entire external websites from start to finish, including e-commerce sites
- Implement security measures
- Build content and learning management systems and other intranet applications
- Test websites in controlled, real situations before going live
- Initiate periodic testing and implement contingency plans in case of systems failure
- Maintain websites
- Assist in developing reporting, management information and business intelligence tools internally
- Keep abreast of latest industry developments
- Work alongside the Senior Web Developer, designers, marketers, business developers, etc
- You will be responsible for development across several websites for the company
You will have great people skills enabling you to have fun within our small team, as well as being able to effectively manage relationships, understand and interpret needs and requirements, and provide updates on project progress.
You will need to be organised and efficient, able to plan and prioritise tasks with ease, and able to remain flexible.
We like to stay ahead of the game, and to do that we need people who are committed to staying up to date with the latest technologies. You will be committed to your own training and development and we will also offer extensive support in this area.
- Degree level qualification in web development, web design, multimedia or similar
- OOP & MVC Frameworks
- CMS products and systems
- CRM systems
- Passion for and familiarity with web development regulations, current technologies and trends
- Passionate about developing the company’s digital portfolio, have a willingness to learn new technologies, be technically focused and have excellent problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal, IT and analytical skills
- You'll be enthusiastic with a positive attitude; self-motivated and willing to work hard
- Design skills are not required, but an understanding of design would be an advantage
- CSS3 & HTML5
- Responsive Web Design
- An understanding of SEO optimisation
- Knowledge and experience of social media development
This is a permanent, full-time role (37.5 hrs/wk), located in our new offices on Hagley Road in Birmingham. Salary range is £25-30K, negotiable DOE. You will receive 20 days annual leave + public holidays. Subsidised accommodation can also be provided.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V. and a supporting letter telling us what makes you stand out from the rest. Please include examples of (with online references) to your recent web development work and successes. No phone calls accepted. No agencies, please.
Candidates MUST be legally able to live and work in the UK.