Job Search Results
Ruby on Rails Developer< Back
- 40,000 GBP
- Ready To Air
- Date Posted:
- Jun 20, 2014 Apply Now
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to join our rapidly growing organisation.
£35,000 - £45,000
This is an excellent opportunity to grow your experience developing critical applications for the media industry. The successful candidate will benefit from working with an exciting creative team under the supervision of dedicated and experienced IT professionals.
We are a leader in offering secure video streaming services to the media and broadcast industry in the UK, and are expanding our service and our global operations.
The role will involve contributing to the development of a new service that we will soon be launching. You will be working closely with our external development team.
The right candidate will have demonstrable experience of producing high quality code within a collaborative Agile environment using open source development technologies. You will be passionate about technology and keep up to date with the latest trends, technologies and techniques. You will have a positive, can-do attitude and can work well in a small team environment.
We are based in Farringdon, Central London.
You will need the following skills/attributes:
- 2 -3 years solid, demonstrable commercial experience of Ruby on Rails
- Ability to write clean, semantic HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Experience with RESTful API integration
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix server commands, specifically building and deploying to servers
- Enthusiastic and motivated personality
The following would be useful:
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Experience of Symfony
- Knowledge/experience of TDD
- Knowledge/experience with cloud servers, specifically on Rackspace
- Knowledge/experience with Vagrant, Chef or Puppet