Job Search Results
Software Test Engineer (Automation)< Back
- 45,000 GBP
- Paybanx Recruitment
- Date Posted:
- Sep 8, 2016 Apply Now
About the Client:
Our client is a pioneering developer of electronic payment processing solutions for both the UK and other European markets. Revolving around a complex and powerful hosted managed service, the company offers retailers of all types, in all industries and of all sizes, a range of products and services to meet individual needs. Setup by a team of industry veterans following the sale of a previous business, the company is taking a fresh exciting approach to its solutions.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for automation testing as a member of an agile web development team, incorporating aspects of software quality assurance and as necessary issue diagnosis and resolution in relation to the company’s range of web based payment solutions and services. The ideal candidate will leverage in depth software quality assurance and test automation principles alongside sufficient documentation, assessment and organisational skills in keeping with the company’s requirements.
The company are looking for applicants willing to work hard in a dynamic and fast paced environment with a view to beginning a long-term career. For the candidate with the right core skills and attitude, this position should be considered the opportunity to do something great. Specialist training will be provided on the job in relation to our particular products, services and the wider electronic payment processing industry.
• Work with the existing scrum team to assist with the testing of web based electronic payment services and solutions
• Create, maintain and execute automated test cases, plans and scripts
• Create reports based upon test data
• Conduct testing based upon the designated methodologies
• Isolate software problems and product clear and detailed defect reports
• Verify and close issues reported
• Work effectively in a multi-tasking and highly dynamic environment
• Suggest product improvements
• Develop expertise in the test environment, including databases, network configurations etc.
• Develop expertise within the payments industry
• Recommend and Implement improvements to process
• Continually improve knowledge of new technologies, testing techniques and the payments industry
• Perform other duties as required
The role requires someone who has a passion to drive change, a determination to succeed and an ability to influence
• Experience in automation testing utilising Selenium Web Driver preferably in C#
• Excellent knowledge of software testing techniques and experience in an agile environment
• Experience in creating both manual and automation test plans, test cases and test report documentation
• Knowledge of Rest and Soap API’s
• Knowledge of basic T-SQL querying (select, update, and delete)
• Experience in the payment card industry
• Experience in test automation utilising Visual Studio
• Understanding and experience of software test automation methodologies, practices and frameworks
• Understanding and experience of Agile Software Development Practices
• Experience in load and performance testing web sites, including strategies
• Experience of virtualization utilising Microsoft Azure
• Practical experience Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager
• Ability to adhere to quality standards and produce appropriate supporting documentation and reporting
• Knowledge of software quality assurance and testing best practices
Level of Education/Attainments
• A-Level education or above in an IT-related discipline
• GCSE and/or A-Level Qualifications in English and Mathematics
• 2 or more years’ experience as a software tester
• Degree level education to 2:1 or above in Computer Science or other IT related discipline
• ISEB ISTQB Certified Tester – foundation level or above
• Excellent analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Logically Minded
• Highly organised
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to listen to and act upon instruction
• Willingness to step outside comfort zones
• Remain calm in stressful situations
• Mature approach to the business
• Team player
• Able to work alone and unsupervised
37.5 hours per week to cover the hours of 09.00 – 17.30 Monday to Friday – and flexibility relating to hours and days worked will be needed in order to meet the needs of the business at any time.
Primary Location: Smarden, near Ashford, Kent.
From time to time it may also be necessary to work from other UK or International locations for short periods.