Job Search Results
Website Designer< Back
- NXT Recruitment
- Date Posted:
- Jul 13, 2014 Apply Now
WEBSITE DESIGNER KENDAL
Kendal based, some remote working considered (NW preferred).
NXT Recruitment is looking for an innovative and creative web designer to join a Kendal based agency. The ideal person will be a practical thinker with a strong creative talent, and someone confident to present their ideas to clients and the rest of the team. The role will be what you make of it; you’ll be expected to take ownership of your projects and manage your own time. One thing’s for sure, you won’t be dictated to. You’ll be given space to approach the challenges presented by the projects you’re working on with the support of the rest of the team. This means you’ll need to have a thirst for learning and be willing to experiment with new techniques and share your experience.
We’d prefer someone with commercial experience, and we want you to be driven by seeing clients achieve their business goals. Its demanding but rewarding work, and you’ll be provided with the support you need to help you develop your career.
We’d expect you to be familiar with the following fundamentals:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent graphics software
- An understanding of UX, design theory and typography
- Skills to build fully responsive and accessible web with knowledge of cross browser or device specific constraints
- An understanding of HTML email compatibility and experience building html email templates
- Strong written communication skills
- An ability to manage projects, deadlines and interruptions simultaneously
- A strong desire to learn and react to new digital marketing and design trends
- Exceptional attention to detail
If you’re to stand out from the crowd, you’ll also:
- Have worked with (or be aware of) the various CSS authoring frameworks
- Git version control
- Experience working with content management systems (Our CMS of choice is Expression Engine)
As this is a creative and technical role, you must be able to demonstrate any relevant experience. We will expect you to have a personal site and/or portfolio of recent work that we can talk about at an interview.
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
A competitive salary is available for the right person. You’ll have an annual budget to attend conferences, meetups and events, career progression, childcare vouchers, flexible hours and a great studio environment.
t: 01228 812585