Job Search Results
Web lead designer< Back
- Date Posted:
- Jul 20, 2014 Apply Now
Our new start-up is looking for an experienced and inspired website designer to join us and help us turn our concept into a stunning product!
We are a young Internet start-up based in the West Midlands (Coventry/Leamington Spa). The company was created to implement an innovative new social network. Our goal is to create a site that is user-friendly, transparent and positively impacts our customers. We want our company to be true to its beliefs: respect of employees’ creativity, personality and experience, respect of the environment, efficient use of investments, and we aim to become a sustainable business as soon as our funding goals are met.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for the branding and identity of the company and the website.
- Your creativity will turn the overall look and feel of our website into an amazing experience.
- This is your opportunity to shine: You will be ‘the’ designer of our company and your work will eventually reach hundreds of thousands of users and businesses.
- ‘Freedom’ is a key word for this role: you manage your own time. We estimate between 2 and 6 hours per week when we need your support.
- Location: Home based at the beginning, West Midlands or Warwickshire area preferred. Some face-to-face meetings will be needed.
- You will have completed a university degree in graphic design or similar or have equivalent and proven experience.
- You will have dazzled previous and current employers/clients with your skills in graphic design.
- You could have previous experience of working in start-ups.
- A welcome skill would be some familiarity with web development languages (HTML, PHP, CSS,...).
- Anything else you want to bring to the team which will help create the best site ever!
- If you like good food, good music and board games, it’s even better!
What’s in it for you:
- At the minimum, you will have become part of the core team of a dynamic start-up and lead the design of a new fully functioning site which will majorly enhance your portfolio.
- At best, if the site becomes successful, you might get a paid lead role in the company.
- Most of all, you will be joining a small team of like-minded people ready to do ‘whatever it takes’ to get our network off the ground and push the boundaries of what is out there today. And you don’t even have to quit your current job!
How to apply:
- Revamp your CV.
- Get your quill out for a short letter explaining what you can bring to this role.
- Share your portfolio!
- Please send all documents to: bestnotification ‘at’ gmail ‘dot’ com, with ‘job ad: Designer’ in the subject. Don’t forget to leave your contact details.
- You have until 5:00pm on the 25th of August 2014. All applications will be responded to.