Job Search Results
Front End Developer< Back
- 28,000 GBP
- Date Posted:
- Aug 20, 2014 Apply Now
We are looking for talented and bright spark Front End Developers to join our up and coming design agency, working on beautifully designed projects for some amazing clients.
You will collaborate closely with our creative specialists, as well as our brilliant in-house development team to deliver great work in an innovative, delivery focussed studio. Whether you’re a fresh faced graduate, brimming with enthusiasm or a mid level developer whose brain is exploding with knowledge and experience, we want to hear from YOU!
We're a hard working and creative environment where you can love your job and feel that your work really makes a difference as we look to grow both the agency's name and capabilities.
In terms of specific skills, we obviously expect you to be fluent in HTML5, CSS and JS, but we also want you to bring exciting ideas for how to engage consumers through mobile, social, web, and other emerging platforms such as wearable tech. Above all, you will create efficient, elegant code, using best practices and up to date methods, whilst working hard to deliver solutions that work for more than just the tech savvy among us.
Essential ‘ninja' skills we’d like to see:
- Experience of hands-on front-end development
- HTML5 skills
- CSS knowledge and skills (not just the latest CSS3)
- Knowledge of modern cross-browser compatibility issues
- Attention to detail (pixel-perfect implementation of a designer's vision)
- Efficient delivery of projects to help speed up delivery of projects
- Interpersonal and communicational skills
- Ability to highlight potential complications/limitations, and devise solutions with the team accordingly
Showing off, we’d like to see previous examples of:
- Adaptive content
- Responsive content
- Ability to write clean, intuitive code that others can easily follow
- Experience of working alongside back-end developers, with ability to understand and work hands-on with PHP code
- Knowledge of common security issues, and how to work around them
- Other essential stuff you should also be able to show us:
- Self-motivation and resilience under pressure
- Knowledge of and adherence to industry best-practices
- Taking total pride in your work, you can't wait to tell your friends and family about your latest project!
- A thirst for new knowledge and keeping abreast of new and emerging technologies
- You are a naturally positive individual, and a true team-player, willing to go the extra mile to help your team deliver great work
- You are resourceful - you're not afraid to speak out if there is a problem, and you can think on your feet to quickly resolve them
- Knowledge of MySQL·
Super powers: the ‘nice, but not essential’ extras:
- An interest in native mobile development (either Android or iOS), or use of high-level, cross-platform frameworks (such as Phonegap, Appcelerator, etc)
- Knowledge of front-end testing frameworks
- Familiarity with high-level CSS framework SCSS
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience of working with Content Management Systems and/or Ecommerce packages
- Experience of learning and supporting legacy projects, which might be a little out-of-date
- Photoshop skills
- UX/UI design experience
- Client-facing experience
What you might have done before:
Front-End Developer, Web Developer, HTML / CSS Developer, UI Developer, UX Developer, PHP Developer.