Job Search Results
Web Developer< Back
- 30,000 GBP
- Date Posted:
- Jan 28, 2014 Apply Now
This position requires a solid understanding of the fundamentals of both both front and back end development, as well as an eye for detail, and the ability to work both individually on smaller projects as a project owner and under a senior developer on larger builds.
The job will have an even split between front and back end development, however this role will primarily be focused on working within a CMS (WordPress), building front end templates and working with and developing plugins rather than building full scale applications.
Salary is £20-35k based on experience.
- A curiosity and excitement for new web technologies / techniques.
- A strong passion for the front end as a mix of art and science.
- Extensive experience in hand coding, no WYSIWYG coding.
- The ability to write standards compliant XHTML & CSS with thought given to accessibility and SEO.
- Solid experience with PHP scripting.
- Writing well-formed, unobtrusive JS (not just jQuery) with scalability and extensibility in mind.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.
- Must be available to work on site.
A plus for:
- Experience working with WordPress is a huge bonus, however not essential.
- Knowledge/ experience with front-end performance optimization (YSLOW standards).
- Experience working with AJAX and services/ API's to serve up dynamic and data-heavy content.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills (use of Firebug plug-in, Charles Web Proxy).
- Experience with source control (SVN, GitHub, or Mercurial).
- Experience / familiarity with integrating major 3rd party APIs (Facebook Open Graph, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube, Open Social, etc…).
- Experience / familiarity with any of the following: Drupal, Joomla, Symfony, ExpressionEngine
- Experience with mobile web development
- Agency experience/ working with visual & UX designers
- Experience with some of the following technologies: JSTL, Struts, Flash (AS3), and Freemaker
- Experience working within MVC frameworks
- Experience building 3rd party plug-ins for a JS framework (jQuery, Mootools, etc…)