Job Search Results
Web Designer (Temporary)< Back
- 28,000 GBP
- Date Posted:
- Aug 4, 2015 Apply Now
DK is looking for an experienced Web Designer to support the Marketing team in the delivery of our digital marketing materials including email, website banners, web pages, social media images and online search advertising.
The Web Designer (Maternity Cover) will work across the whole of the DK’s extensive illustrated non-fiction list including children’s, adults, travel and licensing (Star Wars, Disney, Marvel, LEGO) books to produce creative solutions to meet the business’s digital marketing needs.
This design-led role requires a technically-minded individual who demonstrates a high standard of creativity. You should be organised, proactive and keen to learn and share new design and digital developments with your marketing colleagues.
Skills and Knowledge
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in design and/or a digital media discipline
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Experience of designing and building HTML emails and confidence working within email client platforms is key to this role
• Sound working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and other design programmes
• Proven working knowledge of CSS and HTML authoring
• Ability to learn new software/technologies with an understanding of social media and open source sites such as WordPress
• Ability to work under pressure, on several projects at one time
• Excellent attention to detail combined with ability to successfully execute site plans and content briefs
• Ensure that DK’s core brand values are faithfully translated into the online environment and work closely with brand guidelines for DK and partners, especially licensing
• Ensure a high standard of design integrity and quality control is maintained
• Demonstrate a high level of creativity
• Work on the design and technical consultancy aspects of DK’s web design with DK’s web solutions team
• Awareness of design across various platforms eg tablets/smart phones
• Experience of reporting data eg traffic, open rates and responses, and using the findings to improve design and output
You should have a proven track record in design and/or digital media and be enthusiastic, hard working, and not daunted by a challenge – or a short deadline.
You should be available to start the week on Monday14th September 2015.
We’re a world leader in illustrated non-fiction print and digital publishing. As part of a truly global business, you’ll be working with colleagues in New York, Delhi, Toronto, Munich and Melbourne and day-to-day across the DK Marketing and Publicity team in the UK.
Submit application to:
Please submit your application by Monday 10th August 2015 via: