Job Search Results
ASP.NET Web developer for telemetry website project< Back
- Delta-T Devices
- Date Posted:
- Apr 15, 2014 Apply Now
Salary: competitive, DOE
We are looking for a web developer with experience in developing end to end websites for telemetry systems. This placement will be contract based and be for the duration of the project (up to 6 months). You will ideally work on site in our offices in Burwell, Cambridgeshire.
The website will employ best practice regarding security and user interface design and allow the user to manage and view data on their devices. You will need to implement responsive and/or adaptive web design as the website will be accessed from various devices (phones, tablets, desktops, notebooks etc) and browsers.
Technologies to be used:
- VS 2013, C#, ASP.NET 4.5 & MVC5, EF6 (using MySQL), Web API
Your main responsibilities
- Design, develop and test a public website ready for deployment using technologies listed above.
- Using current best practices especially regarding security and UI (mobile and pc) design.
- The user interface needs to be highly usable and present at times complex data or settings.
- You will be interfacing with another software engineer who will be working on other aspects of the project. For this reason you will need to work on site and communicate your ideas and designs in a structured and clear manner.
Knowledge, skills and ability
- Minimum of 5 years web development experience using above or similar technologies.
- Ideally have previous experience of developing telemetry websites and presenting scientific / statistical data via the web.
- Website architecture design
- Responsive and adaptive web design, considering how data is presented on different platforms using charts and tables.
- A positive approach to work, with a passion for developing well-structured, user friendly and good looking websites and web applications.
- Experience and/or interest in environmental sciences and other scientific industries would be a benefit.
- Bright and quick to learn new skills and technologies as may be required for the project.
- Good self-organisation skills, being able to work under pressure
- Good time management skills
- Good accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Able to work on own initiative.
If you are interested then please submit your CV and a covering email/letter motivating your application to firstname.lastname@example.org