Job Search Results
Website & User Interface Designer< Back
- 23,000 GBP
- CO2 Estates Ltd
- Date Posted:
- May 27, 2013 Apply Now
Location: Central Scotland
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 1 year design
About CO2 Estates Ltd
At CO2 Estates, we believe that to build great products, you need great people. We are currently hiring extraordinary engineers and designers who want to build and scale our award-winning web applications to solve some of the world’s largest and toughest sustainable design challenges through the power of algorithms. Our underlying architecture is cloud-based and highly parallel, delivering solutions to problems that have traditionally been solved only in a fat client.
We are now looking for energetic and experienced user experience developers who can add further skills and capacity to our world-class team.
CO2 Estates is an incredibly important part of everyone’s life that works here. We’re looking for smart, extremely motivated people who are willing and able to contribute quickly to all parts of CO2 Estates and who are excited by the challenges we face.
We’re a relatively small team and we’re looking for the people we bring on-board to make a large impact. This means you should want to take on lots of responsibility and have the ability to manage your work independently. You should be able to think through a problem, identify the challenges and potential solutions, and pick the right course of action given the constraints. You should also be willing and able to commit to getting things done in tight timeframes to a high quality – and then delivering.
The core of CO2 Estates is a cloud-based technology platform which implements highly parallel physics algorithms. We deliver solutions to problems that have traditionally been solved only in a fat client and which typically take substantially more time than our algorithms to execute. Your role will be to help us build out this technology platform. You’ll be working with our agile, world-class, developers, back-end and UI development teams to help you achieve this goal. The role offers the challenge of creating software systems that have the simplicity and flexibility to solve our customers’ present problems and provide the reusable foundation to solve their future problems. In short, this position is an excellent opportunity to join a young software business with a big mission and plenty of growth ahead.
This full-time position is based in Central Scotland. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package and excellent work environment.
Key Duties Include:
- Work closely with design and programming teams to conceptualize and prototype interface functionality, look, and feel.
- Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and high-fidelity prototypes to solidify design direction and plans, which would centre on UI, HUDs, and GUIs.
- Communicate designs in a technical manner for programmer implementation.
- Work with programming team to ensure the implementation matches the intention.
- Design experiences, structural features and creative processes. Create and maintain high quality documentation.
- Be an expert on design practice and maintain awareness of the games industry and the games market.
- Be a mentor by giving support and guidance to the wider team.
- Champion good user experience principles within the development team and beyond
- Experience in software interface design, including creativity, technical aptitude, commercial awareness and general games knowledge.
- Strong skills in graphic design.
- Ability to design layout / UI storyboards and process flow charts.
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations.
- Able to work effectively with a diverse team, to give insightful feedback, to be able to write design specifications to high standard and able to verbally articulate ideas with passion, clarity and confidence.
- Driven, organized and reliable. A positive attitude, steady under pressure, adapts to constructive feedback. Works in a thorough, timely and considerate manner.
- Egoless confidence
- You are smart and get things done
- Clear, justified communication to all stakeholders, from development, QA through product management to the CEO & CTO. The ability to discuss openly and respectfully from high-level abstractions to detailed, specific flows and implications
- Are self-motivated and have a driven personality, being responsible for your outcomes
- Have the ambition to succeed and enjoy working in a stimulating team environment
- Learn quickly and are passionate about undertaking challenges and seeing them through
- Are passionate about building and delivering excellent, intuitive software
- Have the character to be a pillar in a successful software business