Job Search Results
Senior Web Designer< Back
- West Yorkshire
- Chapter Eight Ltd
- Date Posted:
- Aug 15, 2013 Apply Now
Chapter Eight are looking for a Senior Web Designer to work with our team in Leeds. You will be working as part of the Design and Build team, planning, designing, building and maintaining websites, delivering all aspects of work to a high standard.
You'll be based in an open office - not locked away out of sight. We want someone who is interactive, enthusiastic and has a positive attitude; dedication and willingness to work hard, learn new things and be able to work under high pressure whilst working to strict commercial deadlines.
If you think you have what we are looking for, then keep reading.
About The Job
- Design, build and maintain new and existing websites, and projects.
- liaise with Clients, Project Managers, Designers, Developers, Client Services, Marketing, Management, other staff members.
- create compelling, intuitive and usable interfaces and designs based on interpreting briefs from external and internal clients and colleagues.
- explore and create supporting material for projects specifications including wireframes, creative assets and technical detail and will offer creative and technical guidance to clients and team members alike.
- create hi-fidelity artwork, assets and visuals to an excellent standard based on briefs from clients and colleagues that exceed expectations. You will be well experienced in Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop or comparable software.
- take a lead design/production role in projects.
- comfortable creating semantic and valid HTML, CSS and Scripts to create intuitive and usable markup from your designs and others. Using modern and traditional coding techniques you will be able to fully realise your designs and then integrate them into a dynamic environment ensuring a high-quality build.
- test your own work and be responsible for delivering a quality product that meets specification and our internal guidelines and standards.
- provide ongoing maintenance, support and basic and advanced training for clients and colleagues and also provide guidance to and assist in the training and development of junior web designers and web designers.
- meet with and communicate information to clients and other staff members effectively by verbal or written means
- provide accurate information on time sheets, the status of projects and tasks and liaise with project managers internally. You will assist the management team in improving all aspects of the departments work.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
We're looking for superstar Senior Web Designer who's passionate about the industry
You should be experienced in the following:
Nice To Have Skills:
SVN, PHP, TAL, SEO, MooTools, Illustrator, Flash, Actionscript
Details About This Job
Here are the key details about this role
Reports to: Web Design Manager and Managing Director
Location: Our Leeds City Centre headquarters
Type of Job: Full Time
Starting salary: Dependant on skills and experience
Working hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:30
Holidays: 20 days paid holiday per year increasing to 25 days after 12 months service (plus statutory holidays)
Other Perks: And a whole range of other fantastic perks
Working in the United Kingdom
In order to be considered for this role, you must be able to provide evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom.
How to Apply
If you'd like to apply for this position, please email your CV and covering message to firstname.lastname@example.org