Job Search Results
Middleweight PHP Developer< Back
- 25,000 GBP
- Date Posted:
- Apr 4, 2018 Apply Now
BFI is an established digital agency, specialising in cutting edge web design & development, ecommerce, innovative bespoke applications, hosting & digital marketing. We are on the hunt for a motivated, industry experienced Frontend Web Developer to join our growing team. We can offer a flexible working environment for the right candidate.
Our North Lancashire office is within easy reach of Lancaster, Kendal, Barrow and Preston. Situated on the edge of the beautiful Lake District, an excellent playground for the outdoor enthusiast or just those looking for a more relaxed pace of life.
Our Manchester office is located in the vibrant and up and coming Northern Quarter based close to local transport links.
The Successful Candidate
You will be experienced, proactive with an ability to build and develop robust, cutting edge websites from the ground up, using modern standards compliant coding practices. You will be working with well-known brands and blue-chip customers, presenting unique opportunities to showcase your capabilities. You will need to enjoy learning new skills and keeping up with the latest web technologies.
In short, you should be able to demonstrate:
• An excellent commercial experience of PHP5/7, MySQL5 & PHP frameworks (Zend, CodeIgniter, Laravel) with the ability to build applications from the ground up
• An understanding of MVC and OOP methodology
• The ability to efficiently plan projects and effectively communicate those plans
• Being a self-motivated, team player, thorough and committed to our customers and the business
The Nice To Haves
• Experience of leading an existing development team across multiple projects and demonstrating best practice methodologies
• Experience of developing plugins for WordPress / WooCommerce
The right candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary, negotiable depending on the right skills and experience.
In return we offer an attractive package including:
• Up to 28 days paid holiday (inc. Bank Holidays & Christmas/New Year closure period)
• Work Place Pension scheme
• Free Eye Tests & Annual Flu Jabs (if required)
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Regular social events
We provide a great working environment, with stability and forecasted growth. We place great importance on personal and professional development, allowing you to cross-train in other disciplines and languages. You will work on engaging and challenging projects, and will be encouraged to develop your initiative, forethought and adaptability – all within a friendly, supportive and productive team environment. This position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse client base, including industry leaders and high-street brands.
The Next Step
Please email Rob Holden with your current CV and example URLs of recent projects. Alternatively if you fancy a quick chat about the vacancy before applying please call him on 0845 519 4727.