Job Search Results
PHP & MySQL Developer< Back
- 27,000 GBP
- 383 Project
- Date Posted:
- Jul 8, 2013 Apply Now
383 are fast becoming one of the most successful digital agencies in the UK. We're an agile team made up of talented thinkers and doers who work across an enviable client base spanning retail, automotive, media and sports. Based in a stunning studio in the heart of Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter, we help our clients to create meaningful reasons for people to love their brands. These reasons deliver tangible and often award-winning results.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual who enjoys building their own projects (examples will be required), won’t shy away from coming up with new ideas and will work well in a team consisting of designers, strategists and front end developers and can talk passionately about their work and career goals. Ideally you’ll have at least 3 years experience in an agency and will have a Computer Science, or Multimedia based degree or qualification. Whilst not essential, a knowledge of ActionScript 3 or Objective C would make you stand out from the crowd.
We work mainly with WordPress, CodeIgniter and our own custom built Facebook framework, so a good understanding of OOP practices is a must, aswell as experience building on the Facebook platform.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working as part of a team means that you will often be working with another developer on the same project so a working knowledge of GIT (and SVN for some of our older projects) is essential.
- As well as being a pro with PHP, you’ll also need to have command line knowledge, knowing your way around at least Ubuntu, CentOS and RedHat and have the ability to set up a server from scratch.
- Not critical, but desirable is a working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, notably EC2 and S3.
- With regards to databases, we use MySQL and MongoDB and run our sites on either Apache or nginx. You should be able to configure Apache at least, whilst nginx would be a bonus.
- We build highly scalable apps for some well known global brands, so being able to use memcache, ec2, and varnish together to ensure high availability is something you should have experience in.
- Expert knowledge of LAMP.
- Prior experience of developing for WordPress (themes and plugins)
- Experience with other server-side languages and web frameworks.
- A working knowledge of Photoshop & Flash Actionscript is a bonus.